Conclusions: Starting shallow, ending deep

 I remember Richard telling us in the first week that 'narrow and deep' was a much better approach than 'shallow and wide'. I initially decided not to heed this advice and was determined, perhaps not without a touch of conceited male western whiteness, to cover case studies from across the continent. Once I began writing about Lake Chad, however, I realised the error of my ways - that even with 50,000 words I would struggle to capture multiple cases of water and politics across Africa, let alone 5,000. I thus decided to stick with Lake Chad, a decision I am very glad of: Despite probably missing a load of stuff out, I really feel like I in some ways 'got to the bottom' of the Basin's issues. 

Remembering my key themes from my introduction, conflict, co-operation, governance, and power, I have shown how all of these play out in the Lake Chad Basin. 

I really hope you all enjoyed reading my blog; I certainly enjoyed writing it and only wish the word count was longer!

Thank you all!

Comments